Job Vacancy: TECHNOLOGIST - FORMULATION
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
A Chemtech company based in Cambridge, Aqdot has completed all relevant regulatory and environmental hurdles and is now accelerating production and commercialisation. The team have scaled up manufacturing to multi-tonne scale and have established and built strong collaborations with 100+ multi-national companies who all have pain-points that this revolutionary chemistry can address. With products now in the market, and more being developed by customers and collaborators, the outlook is getting more exciting by the day.
The platform technology, AqFresh, has applications ranging from Home Care & Personal Care to Life Sciences; from heavy industry to nonwovens & textiles, and the opportunity to produce meaningful innovation while creating value is what excites the team. Focus is crucial at this transformative stage, which can be interesting when so many well-known manufacturers are engaged!
The Aqdot team has a very strong inclusive and diverse culture with many opportunities for personal development and career acceleration for a company in this accelerated growth phase. With the completion of the recent growth round with new strategic investors and a highly engaged board, it’s a great time to join the team!
The Role – Technologist – FORMULATION
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
REPORTING LINE: Project Leader
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
Reporting to a Project Leader, the Technologist – Formulation will have the following responsibilities:
- Formulate, develop & troubleshoot a range of products containing AqFresh from concept to scale-up. Develop scalable prototypes and demonstrate performance through material testing. Support key customers to validate product benefits and substantiate claims to speed up product launches.
- Ownership of formulation design and troubleshooting to develop a sound understanding of AqFresh formulation opportunities and requirements.
- Innovative & creative approach to experimental designs to validate formulations within tight timescales. Plan and implement methods to deliver project requirements.
- Prepare research reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data; give presentations to report conclusions and recommendations for both internal and external audiences.
- Work in a cross functional team to build and share knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the team’s objectives
- Work closely with the Commercial team to identify opportunities and translate customers’ needs into technical solutions and projects.
- Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
- Identify training opportunities and liaise with external consultants and contractors.
The Role – Technologist – FORMULATION
• Curious scientist driven by a passion to deliver innovative and sustainable product solutions.
• Demonstrated scientific rigour is essential. A PhD in chemical or analytical science would be an advantage but other relevant experience would also be considered.
• Experience in household and personal care formulation is essential. Analytical and sensorial odour assessment for claims substantiation would be an advantage.
• Attention to detail, a solutions mindset, and a hands-on attitude are essential.
• Must be interested in the development of products, for example homecare, hygiene, or automotive products.
• Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, bringing a solutions mindset with a drive to take ownership of projects.
• Confident collaborating in different projects/teams across all areas of the business.
• Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture where you feel comfortable with self-leadership in an adult-to-adult environment in alignment with Aqdot values.
• Agile thinker, able to adapt and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment across multiple application areas.
• Intellectually strong and comfortable with complex problem solving.
• Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Embraces opportunities for personal development.
Applications for this vacancy have now closed.