Job Vacancy: TECHNOLOGIST - ANALYTICAL
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
A Chemtech company based in Cambridge, Aqdot has completed all relevant regulatory and environmental hurdles and is now accelerating production and commercialisation. The team have scaled up manufacturing to multi-tonne scale and have established and built strong collaborations with 100+ multi-national companies who all have pain-points that this revolutionary chemistry can address. With products now in the market, and more being developed by customers and collaborators, the outlook is getting more exciting by the day.
The platform technology, AqFresh, has applications ranging from Home Care & Personal Care to Life Sciences; from heavy industry to nonwovens & textiles, and the opportunity to produce meaningful innovation while creating value is what excites the team. Focus is crucial at this transformative stage, which can be interesting when so many well-known manufacturers are engaged!
The Aqdot team has a very strong inclusive and diverse culture with many opportunities for personal development and career acceleration for a company in this accelerated growth phase. With the completion of the recent growth round with new strategic investors and a highly engaged board, it’s a great time to join the team!
The Role – Technologist – Analytical
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
REPORTING LINE: Project Leader
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
Reporting to a Project Leader, the Technologist – Analytical will have the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy (GCMS) instrument with thermal desorption and headspace capability to include method development, maintenance, troubleshooting, and supporting colleagues to obtain optimal results.
- Work in a cross functional team to design, manage and conduct experiments, implement ideas, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the team’s objectives.
- Prepare research reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data; give presentations for both internal and external audience.
- Support development of Aqdot products from concept to scale-up by demonstrating performance through material testing.
- Identify & implement training opportunities and liaise with external consultants and contractors.
- Train & impart expertise to existing R&D team members to strengthen team knowledge.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to identify opportunities and translate customers’ needs into technical solutions and projects.
- Support R&D team members to formulate and develop products, as well as validate product benefits and substantiate claims to speed up product launches.
- Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
The Role – Technologist – Analytical
• Curious scientist driven by a passion to deliver innovative and sustainable product solutions.
• Hands on experience of gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy (GCMS) is essential. Experience of thermal desorption would be a distinct advantage. Experience with headspace, product development & claims substantiation would also be an advantage.
• Demonstrated scientific rigour is essential. A PhD in chemical or analytical science would be an advantage but other relevant experience would also be considered.
• Attention to detail, a solutions mindset, and a hands-on attitude are essential.
• Must be interested in the development of products, for example automotive, hygiene or homecare products.
• Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, bringing a solutions mindset with a drive to take ownership of projects.
• Confident collaborating in different projects/teams across all areas of the business.
• Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture where you feel comfortable with self-leadership in an adult-to-adult environment in alignment with Aqdot values.
• Methodical and organised with an eye for detail.
• Agile thinker, able to adapt and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment across multiple application areas.
• Intellectually strong and comfortable with complex problem solving.
• Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Embraces opportunities for personal development.
Please send your CV to HR@aqdot.com