Job Vacancy: Project Leader Industrial Product Development
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Aqdot is taking a new platform chemistry technology ‘from bench to market’. A chemtech company based in Cambridge, Aqdot has completed all relevant regulatory and environmental hurdles and is now accelerating production and commercialisation.. The team have scaled up manufacturing to multi-ton scale and have established and built strong collaborations with 100+ multi-national companies who all have pain-points that this revolutionary chemistry can address. With products now in the market, and more being developed by customers and collaborators, the outlook is getting more exciting by the day.
The platform technology has applications ranging from Home Care & Personal Care to Life Sciences; from heavy industry to non-wovens & textiles, and the opportunity to create meaningful innovation while creating value is what excites the team. Focus is crucial at this transformative stage , which can be interesting when so many well known manufacturers are engaged!
The Aqdot team has a very strong inclusive and diverse culture with many opportunities for personal development and career acceleration for a company in this accelerated growth phase. With the completion of the recent growth round with new strategic investors and a highly engaged board and, it’s a great time to join the team!
The Role – Project Leader Industrial Product Development
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
REPORTING LINE: CSO
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
Reporting to the CSO, the Project Leader will have the following responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Industrial Team: Implement ideas, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the team’s objectives. Proven ability to supervise and delegate.
- The Industrial technology areas include automotive interiors (plasticized coatings, semi rigid and rigid plastics), films, functional nonwovens, technical textiles
- Develop Aqdot Industrial products from concept to scale-up. Develop scalable prototypes and demonstrate performance through material testing and analytical equipment.
- Working closely with the commercial team identifying opportunities and translating customers’ needs into technical solutions and projects.
- Support key customers to formulate and develop products, as well as validating product benefits and substantiating claims to speed up product launches.
- Preparation of research reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising data; give presentations for both internal and external audience.
- Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
- Identify training opportunities and liaise with external consultants and contractors.
• Application scientist with a strong chemical industry background (5 years) with experience in functional plastics, non wovens or textile coating industries.
• PhD level or relevant experience also considered.
• Curious scientist driven by a passion to deliver innovative and sustainable product solutions.
• Extensive product development experience from automotive or plastics or non wovens industry.
Analytical and sensorial odour assessment would be a distinct advantage.
• Must be interested in the formulation of products, either automotive or hygiene or homecare products.
• Strong background in physical sciences with experience in analytical testing and claims substantiation.
• Generates alignment amongst teams
• Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture
• Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable with getting involved in all areas of the business with minimal support
Likely background and personal characteristics
• Agile thinker, able to adapt and work in a dynamic environment and work across multiple application areas.
• Intellectually strong and comfortable with complex problem solving
• Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Embraces opportunities for personal development
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email email@example.com.