Job Vacancy: Key Account Manager
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Taking a platform chemistry technology ‘from bench to market’ is rare and represents a huge challenge for innovators. The bars are set high with safety assessment, regulations, quality thresholds, and price/volume pressures. Commercialisation involves treading a fine line between profitability and scaling up production to accelerate growth.
Aqdot are bucking the trend. It’s not just about the great technology, it’s about scale and scaling. The team have learned how to make the technology at multi-ton scale; they have established and built strong collaborations with 100+ multi-national companies who all have pain-points that this revolutionary Chemtech can address. With products now in market, and more being developed by customers and collaborators, the dynamics are changing & getting more exciting by the day.
The Aqdot team has a very strong inclusive and diverse culture which has undergone transformation from internal invention (with a large suite of patents to show for it) to commercialisation and collaboration, where our partners can create new products that add value to consumers and the supply chain.
With a highly engaged board, venture funding as well as two large strategic investors, it’s a great time to join the team!
The Role – Key Account Manager
LOCATION: Cambridge, but flexible for the best candidate for work from home with c. weekly presence in Cambridge, UK
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
The successful candidate will join the Commercial team of 7 people, and quickly take on new accounts while learning about the technology and applications. With this role there is plenty of opportunity to learn, develop new skills and a network across a broad range of industries. The role requires an experienced key account manager who must be comfortable in a technical and active sales environment. Ideally you will have distributor experience, and you must be ready to turn your hand to any aspect of working within a busy SME as required.
Business is moving at a fast pace so it is hard to fully define the role, but the following outlines the new BDE responsibilities:
1. Take key account management for selected strategic distributors and multi-national prospects; this will require developing strong working relationships quickly in order to convert sales and develop growth.
2. Penetrate these key accounts to broaden the product development opportunities across a wider variety of product categories and applications.
3. Research multi-national target companies to identify technology needs that overlap with our Chemtech, then account-map for key decision makers and prepare account penetration plan.
4. Become the KAM for selected small companies for B2B sales with a particular focus on pathfinding new application areas for the technology that can be exploited globally.
5. Follow up on enquiries made in response to our comprehensive and targeted marketing campaigns.
6. Provide back-up for Customer Services with accounts, credit control, logistics, regulatory, H&S.
1. Collaborate closely with a large team of exceptional scientists to develop and execute proof of concept programs and claims support to convert projects into Sales.
2. Maintain Customer Relationship Management database; develop extracts from the application to assist with risk adjusted forecasts.
3. Review current Order, Shipping, Billing processes to optimise and prepare for exponential growth. Collaborate closely with the Operations Team.
4. Preparation of reports, presentations and figures for internal & external use.
1. Lead business developments in consumer healthcare and/or pharmaceuticals.
2. Take sector leadership for the next priority area as the team expands out of Homecare, Personal Care and Textiles.
3. Support Marketing Leader with implementation of marketing strategy
Job Vacancy: Key Account Manager
• A few years sales/KAM experience in a B2B capacity. Preferably in a technical sales capacity.
• Must be interested in consumer products, and the supply chain for such products.
• Generates alignment amongst teams
• Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture
• Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable with getting involved in all areas of the business with minimal support
Likely background and personal characteristics
• Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, and working multi-functionally.
• Chemistry / Materials Science (or similar) graduate with clear intent and character for selling and closing deals.
• Intellectually strong, inquisitive and comfortable with complex problem solving
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Listens first, and then interprets customer needs
• Forward-thinking & proactive attitude to problem solving
• Embraces opportunities for personal development
• B2B account management or Sales for commercial experience, not necessarily in chemicals.
• A social person who wants to enjoy work, and working in a diverse team.
• Above all, is looking for an exciting commercial development role in a VC backed company where entrepreneurial spirit and commercial skills could lead to a flourishing career.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.