Job Vacancy: Analytical Technologist / Lead
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Job Vacancy: Analytical Technologist Lead: Position Profile – THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Aqdot for an Analytical Technologist/Lead to join the group. This key role will be a fundamental part of the organisation’s growth strategy. The Analytical Technologist will report into the Regulatory and Innovation Lead and will responsible for product quality analytical testing and product method development.
TITLE: Analytical Technologist/Lead
LOCATION: Unit 2 Iconix Park, London Road, Cambridge CB22 3EG with potential travel to manufacturers located in the UK, Europe and RoW
REPORTING LINE: Regulatory & Innovation Lead and Head of Operations as required
ROLE: Quality analytical testing and product method development
Reporting to the Regulatory and Innovation Lead, the Analytical Technologist/Lead will have the following responsibilities:
• Strong technical skills in a laboratory chemistry environment; hands on chemistry/laboratory knowledge to test, run, trial processes, run analytics
• Basic, or enhanced knowledge, of analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, Particle size analysis, NMR etc. Keeps updated with latest techniques and updates methods and techniques as required.
• Ensures laboratory analytical equipment is maintained, calibrated and kept up to date, ensuring continuity of testing capability.
• Ability to collate, create, understand, interpret and use process and analytical data to develop robust product analytical methods and data.
• Ensure validated and qualified methods are in place and auditable
• Ensure robust data systems are in place to ensure reproducible results and audit ready
• Trains others to run methods to ensure continuity of testing
• Ensures mitigation plans exits to facilitate testing
• Supports, or leads, the quality lead in quality investigations, ensuring accurate data and new investigational data as required
• In support of the quality lead ensures all products conform to quality specification and periodic conformance checks.
• Works closely with R&D and commercial leads ensuring new products or requirements are correctly transferred, e.g. new methods, stability data
• Supports the operations function in delivering key stability data testing (internal and external) and delivery of required conditions and packaging requirements
• Ensure quality processes are adhered/enforced to maintain GMP for processes and supply chain
• Ensure safe working practices within lab and manufacturing environments.
• Graduate / 1-2 years experience in a relevant Analytical / Laboratory environment
• Strong academic background in analytical / industrial chemistry, HND or similar
• Practical understanding of analytical techniques and basic method development
• Project delivery / change management skills to adhere to self and project timelines and deliverables
• Ability to work across cross functional teams, bringing ideas and delivery together
• Keen attention to detail ensuring robust processing adhering to quality aspects
• Deep practical understanding of H&S in Industrial and laboratory settings
• Strong People and Leadership management experience
• Experience of analytical environment and product development (industrialisation and commercialisation would be an advantage)
• Experienced in analytical techniques, method development and validation and calibration methodologies.
• Understanding of Regulations and application to product and regional needs
• Hands on laboratory/manufacturing/production based experience – learn and can do attitude
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels; verbally, in writing and in a group setting.
• Ability to work well in inter-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrates and promotes openness; welcoming; listening to and accommodating others’ input.
• Excellent team worker.
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, at all levels and across all functions within and outside the organisation.
• Flexible, attention for detail.
• Result focussed, Reliable/consistent, Structured/Organized
• Pro-active, sharp/critical/challenging
• High degree of emotional intelligence.
• Seeking responsibility and accountability.
General leadership / Team
• Supports development and implementation of the broader company strategy
• Leads project and development activities
• Builds successful, technical and commercial relationships with key Aqdot partners
• Goals and delivery orientated with a strong customer focus
Likely Background & Personal Characteristics
• Alignment with the Aqdot values.
• A keen desire to grow and excel in a production or process development role and seeking an opportunity to grow the company.
• Inquisitive nature, wanting to understand and drive new product concept developments. With an understanding of the dynamic interaction between product and process requirements.
• Strong “can do” approach high energy, passion, resilience and commitment to drive growth.
• Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels, in addition to external partners.
• Is of the highest integrity, honesty and courtesy.
• A life sciences background qualification, e.g. HND / BSc / Masters Degree from a technical College / University.
• Equivalent industrially gained, and demonstrated, experience in a lab/production/FMCG environment
This vacancy is now closed.